Mars Hill Baptist Church was constituted on August 8, 1898 with 18 members and elected 2 deacons. They met on the second Saturday and Sunday of each month with Reverent J. J. Shadrix as pastor. The first elected deacons were Reuben Stitcher and D N Bateman. Services were held in the school house and summer revivals in the brush arbor.
Located between the cities of Douglasville and Carrollton, Mars Hill is in the rural community of Hulett where there are many livestock farmers.